Despite advances in additive manufacturing (AM) technology many processes still require post-process finishing to produce a component with an acceptable finish.
Wet blasting (or vapor blasting) finishes AM components to a very high standard - beyond the finish achieved by CNC in the case of metal components. Other benefits include:
- Uniform surface finishing
- Damage-free processing
- Control over surface roughness
- Enhanced surface cleanliness
- Powder removal from channels
- Reduced stress concentration
- Improved fatigue performance
- Surface preparation for coating or bonding
- Surface preparation for sterlisation
- Coating enhancement
- Coating performance improvement
- Substrate compatibility
- Safe and eco-friendly
Learn more about the benefits listed above on our additive manufacturing page and watch our automatic Puma + with barrel machine finishing SLS components.